Monday 11 June 2012

What Was Your Week Like?

I’ve had quite a full week this week. One of those when looking back says a lot about how busy but enjoyable life is for me and Pat. Played snooker with my friend Ricardo on Monday. Used to be Tuesdays but it had to change. I lost! Tuesday was a trip to the doc for prescriptions, then out for a quick shopping trip. No, that’s a lie; Pat was with me so it took forever! Wednesday was a normal day which gave me the chance to work on my sermon for Pilar church this coming Sunday (17th). Thursday was a change for us. Pat went to Benidorm with the church; took her friend with her (retail therapy). I went to the church and did an electrical job in the ladies loo that needed doing. Had the place to myself so was able to get the job done. I have another one to do but that can wait for now. Friday I met my author friend, Nik Morton for a coffee, an update and a chat. Nik gave me a copy of his latest Western, OLD GUNS, published by Robert Hale (same publisher as me). He writes Westerns under the name Ross Morton. Why not try him out if you like western novels? He’s on Amazon. We had our two friends over for the weekend (Brian & Pauline). They turned up Friday afternoon with their little dog, Casper. Good weekend too. Went down to Guardamar for a stroll along the beach and round the park. Very pleasant. Saturday we went to Cartegena. What an interesting place that is. Went round the Roman museum and walked around the excavated ampi-theatre. Bags of history there. Saturday evening out for an Indian at the Punjabi in Los Montesinos. Sunday I went to church but Pat went out with Brian and Pauline. Me and Brian even managed to watch a couple of football matches on TV, and I was also able to catch up with the Danish Speedway Grand Prix on Sunday afternoon. But I was still able to keep track of my progress in the literary world. Harlequin will be publishing THE BOY FROM BERLIN (paperback) in America and Canada in January 2013. They aren’t interested in two of the four books I sent to them because they don’t suit their imprint (wrong time periods), so I have begun preparing HELL’S GATE for POD and Kindle on Amazon. I have a particular pride in HELL’S GATE; a novel that has brought me comparison with Wilbur Smith. It is set in British East Africa in 1898, and inspired by real events there. I’m getting quite excited about the project already. And the progress of NORTH SLOPE & A COVERT WAR after the promotion has been good too. I managed to raise my average sales to 45 per day for the first nine days in May. I’ve no doubt that the average will taper off, but with more strategic promotion later in the month I may be able to get it back up. So all in all a good week. I hope it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment