Tuesday 24 July 2012

Fonts Before My Eyes

Busy again. Where does the time go? I’ve been working on THE DEVIL’S TRINITY, scanning each page and compiling a Word doc. which I will be formatting for Kindle and a POD version for Amazon. I wrote this book five or six years ago and had it published in 2008. Recently I submitted it to Harlequin at their request, but they decided not to publish it. This has given me the opportunity to publish it myself in Kindle and paperback. Hence the work I’m doing on scanning the book. There have been interruptions of course, so I’m a long way from finishing it. Over the weekend we went visiting our friends down at Arboleas in Almeria. We visited a couple of good restaurants and went for a stroll round Mojacar village high up in the hills behind the main town. Yesterday I received the proof copy of my latest Amazon novel, HELL’S GATE. I’m glad I asked for a proof copy because this one needed some corrections. The problem cropped up somewhere in the transition from Word format to PDF format. But in the end, it’s my responsibility to ensure the final version is 100% correct, so I have no-one else to blame but myself. Just means more work and more expense. The re-edit is finished now and hopefully it will soon be available on Amazon. The Kindle version is there now. Another part of my busy period has been planning a holiday. We’re off to Australia in September to see our son and his family. We’ll also be visiting friends and taking in some of the Orient. Should be away for about four weeks or so. I have put NORTH SLOPE up for a free promotion on Amazon. It will be available on July 26/27. It means more promotional work and hoping I’ll be able to lift my public name. It’s in need of a lift right now because sales are falling off and need a fillip. I’m hoping that being part of Harlequin’s client list will enhance my name and produce more readers for me. I can live in hopes though, can’t I? Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment