Tuesday 28 May 2013

Positive Results

Almost at the end of the month and the end of a book promotion that has achieved some positive results. I had a bargain book promo on eReaderNewsToday (ENT) for ROSELLI’S GOLD. It sold 141 copies that day. There was also a trickle follow on of sales following the promotion, but I did keep the price down to $0.99. It was put back up today. Next month I hope to promote THE EAGLE’S COVENANT with ENT, but I will only know if they have picked it up when they contact me. If I don’t hear from them, then it won’t appear on their bargain deal pages.
I have sent two copies of THE DEVIL’S TRINITY to two lucky prize winners in the ‘Momma Says Read’ book competition. Hopefully the winners, both of whom live in America, will put a review on Amazon for me. I have entered another ‘giveaway’ on the same site; this time for three eBooks. And I have offered five copies of SHADOW OF THE WOLF on Goodreads giveaway.
Overall I’m pleased with the positive effect I’m getting through these promos, and hopefully it will mean my readership will grow. One thing that comes home to me quite forcefully is the need to keep on promoting and pushing my name and books into the public domain. It isn’t easy when all this is done on a limited budget. It would be possible to spend more than I earn, which would be counterproductive of course. But I imagine that if I just relied on good fortune and did nothing for my books to sell; they would disappear without trace.
We’re off to UK tomorrow for a week, so I’ll have limited on-line time. It might do me good to stay off it for a while. The main reason for the visit is to go to Cardiff for the British Speedway Grand Prix. If you haven’t a clue what I’m on about, then there’s no point in trying to persuade you what a fantastic sporting event it is: the biggest speedway event in the world.
Oh, another promotion I’m doing next month is HELL’S GATE, but more about that nearer the date. It all means keeping busy even though I still have a book to write.

No blog next week because I’ll be in UK. Catch up with me in a couple of weeks’ time.

No comments:

Post a Comment