Sunday 15 September 2013

A Different Kind of Week

No writing to speak of this week because we spent four days in Valencia. My wife has been there a few times, but this was my first trip. It’s a lovely city; very clean and well cared for. The tourist attractions are plentiful which was the reason for our visit. The highlight of the trip for me was the Bioparc: a zoo in which the animals are virtually behind glass. It gives the visitor the chance to literally walk among the animals. We also visited the Oceanograhica which is a huge aquarium. Once again a wonderful exhibition but like most aquariums (aquaria?) they are all very similar. The dolphin show was good. It always amazes me how those creatures can interact with humans and how they can identify commands which are usually just small sounds and hand slaps.
Although I haven’t written anything this week, thoughts of my next book and the progress I’m making haven’t been far away. I am currently at about 85,000 words and hope to reach 100,000 by the end of this month. With the advent of Amazon publishing there is no longer the worry that my book will be rejected by my publisher which would leave it gathering dust on some literary agent’s shelf. As an established writer I know I can publish on Amazon and enjoy seeing my work in print. Naturally I would rather my publisher do the work for me and produce a splendid hardback novel for me to gloat over, but we’ll have to wait and see on that one.
Nothing else to write about on the book front other than the slow sales I’m experiencing with my titles. No doubt I’m one of several hundred thousand writers in that position, so I wish you all a lot of luck. More next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment