Thursday 4 October 2012

Back In Harness


Well, I’m finally back in front of my PC after six weeks. Four of those weeks were due to our holiday in UK and Australia, but the last couple has been because my PC has been in the ‘menders’ for an upgrade and a hard drive replacement. I didn’t know I had a fault on my hard drive until the technician told me he was having trouble because of corruption on the disk. I must admit that my PC has been playing up of late and I realise now that it was only a question of time before it crashed completely. But now I’m almost back in full flow. I had to do some installation of my own like Skype, MS Word etc., and I also had to change the keyboard language because mine is Spanish. You don’t get to do that every week, so it took some time figuring out how to do it. There was also the problem with passwords for websites I had been using for about four years. Some didn’t recognise ‘gmail’ because I had originally registered in ‘googlemail’. Then I had to trawl through my ‘book of passwords’ (how many of you have those?) in an effort to get logged on. On two occasions I had to ask for a new password. But I’m back and raring to go. The four weeks away was great, and it was a joy to see our son and his family in Australia who we haven’t seen for about six years now. I didn’t get much time to spend on the web while I was away, but that was deliberate on my part, otherwise I might have spent an inordinately long period in from of a terminal with an impatient wife leaning over my shoulder.

Since being away, my book sales have dropped off dramatically. I suspect this is because I haven’t been promoting them and generally making a nuisance of myself on other websites. But I will be pushing HELL’S GATE which goes free on October 25th. for three days. Between now and then I shall be putting the word out in all the usual places. I will also be giving away three copies on Goodreads once I have changed my ‘signature’ for the book because it has a new jacket. I see the coming four weeks as something of a proving ground for me. If I am right about my falling sales, then I should see a marked improvement by the end of the month.

Another project which I will be picking up again is the work I’m doing to get THE DEVIL’S TRINITY out on Amazon. I’m about one third of the way through, and would like to have that available by the end of this month. Might take a bit of doing though. So, much to do and much to hope for. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment