Monday 15 October 2012

Kindle Gen and all that


I’m finally having some success with my upgraded Windows after some teething problems. When I learned that my file converter, mobi pocket would not work with Windows 7 I had no alternative but to try Amazon’s Kindle Gen. For those who haven’t yet tried but need to, prepare for the worst. I did manage to convert a Word document to kindle, but not quite the way I had envisaged. And in fact it was much easier than having to load html codes into a Word document and converting through mobi pocket, but I didn’t use KindleGen. If anyone wants to know how I achieved that, please contact me through my web page or this blog. I’m now in the pre promotion period for HELL’S GATE (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008N3MT6E). I’ve already logged on to various websites and attached all the necessary information. I’m looking forward to seeing how my results pan out, particularly since Amazon has introduced an Author Rank on Author Central. It’s really just something else to fret over, but writers being what writers are, particularly indie writers, I’ll keep watching my rankings in the hope that they will rise to the top of the pyramid. My best rank at the moment is in the Action & Adventure category. It nudged 730 a couple of days ago, but my overall rank, for all books is way down. It’s good fun though. I think the secret to selling books, apart from having a major publishing house behind you, is to keep up the supply and keep your name in the forefront of the reading public’s mind. Next month (November), I should have THE DEVIL’S TRINITY available in Kindle and paperback. I will also see my latest novel, THE BOY FROM BERLIN being released in Kindle, but that will be by my publisher, not me, because they still have the e-book rights. It will be followed in January with the paperback being released by Harlequin in North America. And if I’m really good, and work hard, I might even get all of my books out by January or February. Then my readers will have a lot of choice, which is one of the keys to becoming an established and successful writer (relatively speaking). Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment