Monday 2 November 2015

In my wife's hands now.

Nov. 2nd. 2015

Well, I finally made it: finished the edit of my WIP and handed it to
my lovely, patient wife to read through. I printed the manuscript out double
spaced, which makes it easier for Pat to make her red line entries. She comes
up with some remarkable insights at times, and I’m beholden to her for taking
on the job. Next step will be to edit the MS again, before thinking about a
book launch. But before I can do that, I need a jacket. Fortunately I have
persuaded our son, Terry to take on that task. He designed all my other jackets,
so I’m confident I’m in good hands.
I had a problem last week with Lightning Source. After uploading my
corrected, interior file for Past Imperfect, I found a blank page in the
digital proof. Although IS wouldn’t acknowledge it at first, they eventually admitted
causing the problem by reloading the previous file: the one with the blank page
in it. I was finally able to approve the digital proof and order a copy last
Thursday. I am expecting it today. If it is better than the paperback I have
from CreateSpace, I will order twenty copies or so for my book launch on the 13th.
I have several to hand but don’t expect to sell too many at the launch. But I’m
sweating on that single copy to turn up before I can do anything.
Since writing my last blog entry, I have sat in on a webinar with Mark
Dawson and Nick Stephenson, learning about Facebook advertising. Although the
facts and figures produced by these authors are mouth-watering, I still see
other authors complaining of their disastrous FB campaigns where very few books
are sold. I expect I will aim my advert at potential subscribers, and by that I
mean advertising my permafree novel, The
Eagle’s Covenant.
If I can attract a large number, then they will benefit
from my second, free novel, The Devil’s
Trinity.
And if any of you reading this blog have not looked into my offer,
why not do that now? By downloading the permafree book you will have a thriller
that has attracted plenty of reviews and is currently averaging 4 stars. Why
not try it now and pick up a second, free book?




This evening I am off to the CHINDI meeting where we’ll be planning our
One Big Launch and the Christmas market stall. There has already been an
invitation to produce a book event at Worthing Library next year, and we are
also planning an event with other writers’ groups. Plus we have an event
pencilled in for the Chichester Festival. I’m sure there will be more to come.
You can check out our website
www.chindi-authors.co.uk
and learn more about what we do and where we’re at. So on the whole, I think
that with what’s coming and my own plans, the literary future looks a little
brighter. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment