Sunday 3 January 2016

Looking ahead into 2016

January 3rd. 2016

And so it begins again: going into
a new year with hopes and schemes, plans and ambitions. Many of us have them
but few ever realise those dreams. I’m no different to most of us: I have high
hopes for the coming year and my own plans, but the feeling tends to water down
as time goes by. But looking back over 2015, I can’t complain; I’ve had plenty
of highs. But what now? Well, first let me wish you all a happy and prosperous
New Year. For myself I’m looking forward to the release of my latest book,
which is currently titled A Dangerous
Game
. I still have the book jacket to finish, but I expect to have it ready
for launch before the end of the month. Prior to that I plan to advertise it on
Facebook, using the excellent reach that FB has. I will also be letting all my
subscribers know in the hope that they will buy a copy. At first it will sell at
low price of $0.99: probably for a month. After that I’ll raise the price.
Although my Kindle Scout campaign failed to deliver, there will be over 600
people contacted by Amazon about the launch. Could prove to be a good day!
On
a local level, I am looking into ways of spreading my name among readers in my
area. The book group I am with (CHINDI) have plans which include all our
members, but I will still push ahead with something a little more prosaic. To
that end I am planning a “Book Talk” at a local Arts and Craft shop. This will
simply be about books and how to publish. For a lot of people, the thought of
publishing a book is still lodged back in the dark ages when publishers and
literary agents held sway. Now, however, we are all writers, and it is fairly
straightforward to publish on Amazon and other outlets. Hopefully I will be
able to help those who want the advice and maybe sell a few books of my own in
the meantime. I will also be exploring the possibility of doing something
similar at our local libraries here around Bognor. I think it will depend on
how successful my “Book Talk” turns out.
I
am also renewing my acquaintance with an advertising and promotion course I
signed up to last year. It has been an eye-opener for me, and now that the
course has been revamped, I will begin the study again (I have already worked
my way through several of the videos). It has proved to be very successful for
some of the students, but probably because they put more time and effort into
following the advice.
My
current sales have dropped to a low level; probably because of the time of
year, or maybe my readers have finished reading my books. My permafree book is
still being downloaded, and my e-mail subscription list grows daily, almost
certainly because of the free offer I have inside the covers of my permafree
novel. For those of you who might like to download the free book I’m offering (The Devil’s Trinity), you can obtain a
copy by subscribing. Click the link:
http://eepurl.com/bgYKMj


So for me it’s now a case of head
down, pen in hand and push on. Hopefully I will see an upward movement in my
sales and big increase in my subscribers. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment