Sunday 17 January 2016

Upping the ante.

January
17th. 2015

I’m stepping up a gear this year. Last
week I put my latest book, A Dangerous
Game,
on pre-order with Amazon, something I’ve never done before. The
launch date is January 29th. Looking at the way some other writers
approach this point, I know I haven’t put as much in to the launch as they have.
One writer on one of the forums I follow has been incredibly busy and looks like
he’s achieving pretty good results. Some of you may ask why I haven’t followed
the example set by people like that, but I probably take a more laid back view
of how to make progress. One change here though is that I am about to place an
advert on Facebook, encouraging readers to sign up to my mailing list. But
rather than rely on them finding my permafree novel and signing that way, I
will be using an image to attract them. I will be adding a headline and blurb,
plus the link (
http://eepurl.com/bgYKMj) to
find my landing page so they can sign up and download the book. I’ve been
watching instructions videos by Nick Stephenson and Mark Dawson, two of Amazon’s
top authors, and hope that I will see some good results with the ad. I am also
planning to advertise my book, A
Dangerous game
, in time for the launch date. Looking ahead, I believe this
will either make me or break me. By that I mean that if this way is successful,
I’ll spend more on advertising. It will also encourage me to write another
book; something that’s missing at the moment.
At
the beginning of the week I went to the first CHINDI meeting of the year. It’s
amazing how a group can change over a twelve month period. In the past twelve
months we have lost six author members and attracted four. We can still look
forward to book events which are in the pipeline, and hopefully expand our public
awareness. And three or four of us will be bringing out new titles this year.
Earlier
this week we celebrated my wife’s birthday and had some of the family members
over for a pub lunch on Saturday. We also included our wedding anniversary in
the celebrations too: fifty six years on Tuesday.
On
Friday I had an advert placed with ‘bknights’ on Fiverr.com. It was for my
permafree novel, The Eagle’s Covenant.
I thought it needed a bit of a lift after dragging its heels in the download
department. On that day I had 180 downloads, and healthy increase from my usual
average of about five a day. That cost me five dollars. Worth every penny if I
can add a few more names to my subscribers list.


Tomorrow
I’ll be back on video training and hope to post my ad on Facebook. Wish me
luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment