Monday 5 December 2011

Enforced Block

My manuscript is taking a back seat now, seeing as it’s that time of the year when we turn our thoughts to other things. Getting the family Christmas cards written out and posted is just one of the many jobs that interfere with serious writing time. Having got the family’s cards away in the post, I now have to set about writing cards out for our friends in UK. After that it will be our local friends and neighbours here in Spain. Then the present buying. Not too difficult because our grandchildren are taken care of by cheque (those who are not working), which lightens the load a little. Our immediate friends are always a challenge because it’s a case of ‘what can you get for people who have everything?’ They might dispute that of course. And finally the main present: something for my wife. What was it I was saying about someone who has everything? She wants a body cream that will make her skin look fifty years younger, but miracles are not in ready supply at the moment. And all this interferes with my writing time, but all for a good cause.
My paperback, ROSELLI’S GOLD is now available on Amazon.co.uk and in Kindle format. Hopefully my own promotion and that of the Acclaimed Books website will help drive traffic to my page giving me a big, big smile over Christmas as my sales figures reach ever upwards. Dreaming again, see? But what else can a writer do but put his work out there in the public domain and hope the buying public are buying. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment