Monday 12 December 2011

Great Day Today

Great day today; my books turned up. I finally have THE BOY FROM BERLIN in my hands. It’s my latest hardback novel and my eighth so far. I get so excited when the courier turns up with the package. I’m like a kid with a new toy. I know there are some authors who can’t bear to look at their own, published work, but me? I can’t wait to open the parcel and start reading. That’s what I wanted to do today, but I had to help Pat put the Christmas decorations up. She could tell I was champing at the bit, wanting to get to my brand new book. Naturally I have other things to do like walking the dog, writing up my blog, eating, breathing, sleeping etc., but right now I just want to read. I’ve read the story that many times it’s a wonder I am still excited. But there’s something about opening a book, flicking through the pages, seeing your name and your work in print, knowing that people have laboured simply to get it out to the reading public. They believe in you, and show that belief by the end product you hold in your hands. It’s not self-published. It’s not Kindle or another e-reader. This is a bone fide novel published by a reputable London publisher of long standing. Great stuff. Have a look at it on my website. If you’re in UK it’s available at a generous discount from www.halebooks.com if ordered before December 30th. Go on; you know you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment