Monday 19 December 2011

Good and not so Good

The weekend got off to a good start for me and Pat. Last Friday we went along to our local shopping centre (mall) in Torrevieja. It’s called Habañeras. Our church members were singing carols there at mid-day. It was chilly, but we managed to raise some money for the homeless in the town. Saturday afternoon we were round at our neighbours’ place swapping Christmas presents because they are off to UK this week. During the evening, for those who watch UK TV we watched the final of Strictly Come Dancing. It isn’t a TV programme that I watch normally, but I gave it a shot and it wasn’t so bad. Pat was happy because her favourite, Harry won the competition.
Yesterday, Sunday we had our carol service at church which was followed by Christmas lunch over at Ché’s restaurant in Villa Martin. Christmas crackers and party hats. There was about eighty of us there and we all had a good time.
But now I have to come to the ‘not so good’ part: our cat! We had to take him back to the vet this morning for his final check. There’s nothing wrong with him now but he still disgraced himself the moment I got him into the car. He needed a good wash when we got him back to the house. And you know how much cats like water! Anyway, it’s finished. No more trips to the vet unless something unexpected happens.
Despite all the distractions that go on in my life, I still find myself writing short scenarios for my next book in my head. Any time throughout the day I can be caught with my mind elsewhere because I’ve latched on to something that I can use. I have a digital voice recorder on my desk, and it’s handy if something comes into my head during the day. I record my thought and get it on to paper later. Sometimes though I come up with a good idea but I’m nowhere near my recorder. And when I am, I’ve forgotten what it was that came into my head. But then I suppose most writers are like that.
Today I have to get on with house maintenance and then maybe, just maybe I’ll put some more work into my MS. Oh, and I might have a tickle at the keyboard; the musical kind. See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment