Thursday 22 March 2012

All Change

How things change in a few days: I will not be sending THE EAGLE’S COVENANT to Amazon because of a request from Harlequin Books. They want to see my other titles after having made an offer for the English Language paperback rights to my latest book, THE BOY FROM BERLIN. This is so they can ‘assess’ them with a view to offering to take more of my books on. It may come to nothing, but I knew when I received the e-mail from my publisher that I had to hold THE EAGLE’S COVENANT back. I had to do a bit of negotiating with Hale over the percentages, but in the end we reached an amicable agreement. It’s quite exciting and I hope it will get me established over the pond, as they say.

It was good to hear that the young footballer, Fabrice Muamba is recovering well. So many people responded to the near tragedy that it was really heartwarming to know that there beats a heart beneath the savage breast of footballers and football fans.

Amazon announced the February results of their library loan scheme. They have paid $2.01 for each loan. That’s a very generous payout when compared to the Public Lending Library scheme in UK and Ireland. Long may it continue.

After our burglary scare a couple of weeks ago I have now fitted security locks and bolts to all out shutters and windows. We’ve only lived in the house for ten years, so it was about time I got round to doing something about our lack of security. I suppose I have to thank the unknown, would-be burglar for that, eh? More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment