Thursday 8 March 2012

Up in the Clouds

There was a great deal of excitement in the Parker household yesterday when I received an e-mail from my publisher telling me that Harlequin had made an offer for the paperback rights to my latest novel, THE BOY FROM BERLIN. The rights would be for North America. Naturally I accepted the offer because I know how difficult it is to break into the American market. Even though Harlequin are not as big as the main publishers in the USA, and sell their books in a different way, they are a brand name and will at least be getting Michael Parker into the consciousness of the American book buying public. This can only be good for me. Meanwhile my stock rises on Amazon. Not only are the sales of my e-books rising, but so are the paperback sales of A COVERT WAR and NORTH SLOPE. ROSELLI’S GOLD isn’t doing as well as those two, but I am hopeful that once I have put it on a free promotion at the end of this month, that situation will change. My Swedish ‘agent’ has contacted a publishing house in Sweden with the news of Harlequin’s offer in the hope that this will persuade them to consider taking on THE BOY FROM BERLIN. At the moment my head is filled with books, books and more books. I need to filter some of this out and concentrate on other areas of my life. I’m preparing a sermon for my local church here in Spain which I will be delivering on Sunday. This means a great deal to me and I need to concentrate, but then I’m a wordsmith and it’s what I do; I shouldn’t have problems then, should I?

Incidentally, if anybody reading this wants any advice or tips, then don’t hesitate to contact me through the contact page on my blog. If I can help, I will. I’ve had a few questions filtering through from people who have not really known where to go for the answers. I may not have all the answers but I can try.

No comments:

Post a Comment