Monday 19 March 2012

Birthday Boy

It was my birthday yesterday which meant I got to be No.1 for a day. We had friends round to celebrate, but it was the septuagenarian version of celebrating. Had a couple of drinks, a game of cards and dominoes, a good laugh and still managed to get a bit of TV viewing in before we went to bed. That wouldn’t have happened a few years ago! How times change.

I got the update on my book sales last Saturday. It was like all my birthdays had come at once. I have sold almost 6000 e-books so far. I’ve no idea how my paperback sales have gone, but I expect Pete (Acclaimed Books) will provide that information at the end of the month. I’ve asked him to put ROSELLI’S GOLD on a free promotion for three days, beginning March 28th. I’m hoping it can emulate the downloads achieved with NORTH SLOPE and bring my profile up even higher.

Sad news yesterday about the young footballer, Fabrice Muamba collapsing with a heart attack on the field of play. Suddenly the whole football family in UK and parts of Spain are united in sadness and grief about the struggle this young lad and his family are going through. I sure all of us who felt that sense of emotion will also be united in praying for his full recovery. I certainly will.

I’ve just finished proof reading a section of Pete Lihou’s new novel; BOOK. Hopefully when all the faults have been ironed out, Pete will have it available on Amazon. The proof reading is a joint effort by the members of Acclaimed Books. They have just finished THE EAGLE’S COVENANT for me. With luck, and a little more work on my part, I should have it ready for publishing by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment