Monday 2 April 2012

Back to writer's block

Busy weekend for us. Saturday we had an AGM at the church, followed by shopping. Yesterday I was preaching at Pilar de la Horadada, the small fellowship where I have preached a couple of times this year already. It’s always nice going over to Pilar because we know quite a few of the people there. After the service we went for an Indian meal. Pat wanted Chinese but was outvoted. The AGM at our own church marked the end of my tenure on the church council. I am now a free agent except that I am still on a couple of rosters: locking up and reception desk. Oh, and I have to go in this week to put a ceiling light up in the children’s crèche. The current light is considered unsafe. Still involved though, eh? And at home there has been the usual activity on the PC checking my book sales and re-editing etc. The bubble has burst at Amazon’s Kindle Select, and now my recent promotion has subsided into normal, bite size portions, unlike the mega sales I had with NORTH SLOPE. I managed to complete the re-edit on the Kindle version of NORTH SLOPE, which I had to do. It took a great deal of time and much angst over the problems I encountered. However, thanks to the diligent involvement on the part of one of our Acclaimed Books colleagues; Brian in Australia, I was able to finish the edit and resubmit it to AB.c for publication again on Amazon. Big weight off my shoulders.

So what now? Back to house and garden maintenance. This morning I trimmed a messy ivy bush and dumped the cuttings in the garden skip provided by the council. Did a bit of a tidy up in the garage, and now I have some free time. This means I can get back to my manuscript and try, try, try to overcome a massive case of writer’s block. I’m also expecting to hear from the sales rep at my publisher’s. He’s the chap who teed up the Harlequin sales for me. I need to know what else Harlequin want with respect to my current titles. I can provide four out of the six that they have asked for, but I don’t where I have to send them. No doubt he’ll let me know. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment