Monday 9 April 2012

Good Weekend

The last few days have been full and thoroughly enjoyable. Being Easter, it meant a couple of visits to our church on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. But on Saturday we were there for a wedding blessing. Two of our members, getting on in life and both widowed (or would that be ‘widowered’ if you’re a man?) decided to get hitched. They married in Gibraltar to make it legal and then had a blessing in the church. About 150 people came including their respective families. There was a buffet lunch laid on too. Following the service on Sunday a lot of us went to the Country Club restaurant at Campoamor for an Easter lunch. That was good too. After that it was home for the football on TV!

I have been giving thought to my latest manuscript and am about to tear it up. Well, most of it. After chatting with Pat it looks like I’ve saddled myself with part of a story that is at best quite pointless. But being a writer, I should be able to make something of it. However, I need to give it serious thought before I do anything drastic. I could plough on and make a pig’s ear of the whole thing, but I’ll have to see.

I heard from Acclaimed Books the other day that Amazon has withdrawn the Kindle version of NORTH SLOPE because of the editing issues. Ironically I had just submitted a re-edited version but it seems it arrived too late for Amazon to act on it. As a consequence of that I have decided to withdraw the POD version until I have sorted out some Q & As with Amazon. I expect to have them both available again in the near future. Writing can be very rewarding, but it can also be very frustrating. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment