Monday 23 April 2012

Monday Blues?

Monday morning again and time to get on with the work that needed doing around the place. I had to move the car so I could get a long ladder up against the house wall to remove a dud battery from my alarm box. Then a quick clean around the pool followed by some weeding. While I was buzzing around the place, the song title; “I Don’t Like Mondays” came into my head, and I thought of the irony of life that was entwined around that song. Bob Geldoff wrote the song after a high school girl in America shot and killed her school mates. When asked why she had done such a terrible thing she said, ‘I don’t like Mondays’. Bob Geldoff and the Boomtown Rats went on to fame and fortune, and Bob got a knighthood out of the work he did with the United Nations. All this because he wrote a song that opened doors for him. But the tragic irony is that other lives were changed too, but in a more dramatic and tragic way.

My Monday morning ended up in a less dramatic fashion, but frustrating for a while because the car wouldn’t start. I had to call the RACC out. Once upon a time I would have dived under the bonnet (‘hood’ to my American readers) and sorted the problem out myself. The mechanic duly arrived armed with his computer and diagnosed the problem in about five minutes: it was air in the fuel pump. Ten minutes later he was on his way and I was able to get off into town and buy a replacement battery for the alarm.

Seven days to go and ROSELLI’S GOLD goes on a two day, free promotion. Hopefully this will lift the book up the Amazon rankings and result in sales. So those of you who haven’t already read the book and have a Kindle; keep an eye out for it and get downloading. Better still, why not buy a copy? See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment