Thursday 5 April 2012

Busy Weekend

Big weekend for Christians around the world, remembering the sacrifice Jesus made for all of us on the cross. It wouldn’t hurt for non-believers to empathise and understand the powerful message his sacrifice sends. How much happier and content the world would be if the message sunk in. Me and Pat will be at the Good Friday service tomorrow and again as usual on Sunday. This morning we’ll be meeting with others at our house group, and no doubt there will be a lot of chat about the life, death and resurrection of Jesus.

Since Monday I have spent a couple of hours at the church doing some electrical work. I think my bones are complaining more and more as I shin up ladders and crick my neck when working on ceiling fittings. Doubly hard when you wear glasses and have to screw your nose up to keep the things lined up on the job in hand. I have more to do next week, and yesterday evening at church one of the ladies asked me if I would put a light up in her house next week. I agreed of course, although I usually tell people that I don’t take on electrical jobs anymore because of my age and the fact that I have a false hip, which gives me jip after a couple of hours work. I’m OK with emergencies when someone has a problem that could leave them without power, but then it’s usually a rare event and often with elderly people who have no idea about electrics etc. The lady who has asked me to put a light up has recently suffered from cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy at the moment. I couldn’t refuse, could I?

I parceled up four of my books yesterday for Harlequin to read. I’ll post them after the bank holiday weekend because I don’t fancy the idea of the parcel spending Easter in the sorting office. I reckon that Harlequin will probably agree to publish two of those: HELL’S GATE, and THE DEVIL’S TRINITY. And although some of you reading this might think these are religious books (because I am a Christian), that isn’t so. Look them up on my website and you’ll see why. It would be terrific if Harlequin like what they read and agree to publish all four, but I’ll have to wait and see. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment