Thursday 24 May 2012

Promotion day is getting closer and I’m pulling out all the stops to push my books. If I can get my rankings up, then good sales figures will follow, I’m sure. I’ve announced the freebie promotion on twenty two websites so far. I have a few more bases to cover and then, hopefully, I can sit back and watch the figures rise. I live in hope anyway. We went over to Torremendo last night for a meal with a couple of friends of ours, Stuart and Sue. Torremendo is a quaint little village close to Lake Pedrera. There’s a good size ex-pat community and it seems like a friendly place. We enjoyed a good meal at a local bar, a beer and a good chat. Stuart has bought all my books, which I sign for him. There’s a saying: ‘Friends want to read your books. Good friends want to buy them’. How true is that? We had two people come and look at the house on Tuesday. Nothing has come of it so far, but you never know with these things. When we sold our house in UK before coming to Spain, the young couple who bought it showed no inclination at first, then about a week or so later we received an offer from them. The downside of getting your house ready for a viewing is the amount of cleaning you feel compelled to do. The house looks spick and span, ready for inspection, then nothing. But that’s the way it is. Went to the funeral of our good friend, Doreen yesterday. She died peacefully last week. She was eighty one. There was a good send-off for her at our church here in Torrevieja. The book group I’m with, Acclaimed Books Ltd (www.acclaimedbooks.com) has a link-up with Moston Author Promotions. They have a good looking website at www.bestbooksbulletin.com. It would be worth having a look there for good quality books and authors. All are available through Amazon and other on-line booksellers. Don’t forget, my free promotion is starting this Sunday: A COVERT WAR and NORTH SLOPE are available free on Kindle for three days. That’s it then; now I’m off to do some promotional work.

No comments:

Post a Comment