Thursday 3 May 2012

We are basking in sunshine here on the Costa Blanca while the rest of Spain gets rained on. But Spain needs the rain probably more than UK because it is going through the worst drought for seventy years. One of the reservoirs up north is that dry a whole church has been uncovered. It’s a truism that there is enough food and fresh water on this planet for everybody, but there does seem to be an unhealthy imbalance along the way. We’re off this weekend to visit our friends in Almeria. I believe it’s raining down that way, but we can’t let that spoil our visit though, can we? I’ll be taking a copy of my latest book, THE BOY FROM BERLIN for them. My mate doesn’t read though, but his wife does and she thoroughly enjoys my books. Trouble is; she’s isn’t computer savvy so can’t put good reviews on the web for me. NORTH SLOPE is now back on Amazon Kindle. The paperback will be there shortly. I’ve learned a huge lesson from the problems I’ve had with the editing issue. I know I must be pin-sharp when it comes to proof reading my own work in future. It isn’t just the poor quality that results from that, but also the poor reviews that are posted on Amazon. So far NORTH SLOPE has picked up 26 reviews, and most of them are four and five star; enough to swamp the editorial reviews. I checked out my author profile page using Amazon’s URL today. I had to put in the ASIN number for ROSELLI’S GOLD. Terrific page. Trouble is; they have about four books with mine that aren’t written by me. So what’s the point of putting in Amazon’s ASIN number; a direct reference to the book when they add others to it? I’ve contacted Amazon and hopefully they will be able to resolve the issue. We were supposed to be visiting two elderly folk from our church this afternoon who are in a care home, but one of them had a fall and is too unwell to see us. This means I have a couple of hours spare, so I’d better get on with writing. More work on my next blockbuster? That would be good. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment