Monday 14 May 2012

Sad day today for me. Two deaths that have left me feeling down in the mouth. The first one was the tragic death of Lee Richardson, one of the top Speedway riders around today. Former World Under 21 champion and Speedway Grand Prix rider, captain of Lakeside Hammers. Only 33 years old. I know motor sport is dangerous and claims the lives of many young people, but it is so poignant when you feel you know the man. He was my favourite rider and I always enjoyed watching him race. He will be sadly missed by his fans in UK and Europe. He was killed last night racing for his Polish team in Poland. A sad, sad loss. The other death was that of a lady friend of ours, Doreen Bagnall. She had just come out of hospital after falling and breaking her leg. Last night she felt unwell and died. Most unexpected. In the midst of life…. Not a very uplifting blog today, I know, but you can only go the way your heart directs you. I would like to write about the great things that are happening in my book life, but in that direction I need patience. I also need to get my promotional hat on properly and make sense of where I post my book promotions. It’s all rather haphazard at the moment, but my colleagues at Acclaimed Book are putting together something that might help us all to co-ordinate our efforts. For those of you who don’t have swimming pools in your garden, I’m sure you will be interested to know that mine is U/S at the moment. I have to fit a new control valve but need a few seals that aren’t generally available, so I’ve got to innovate and scratch around for some alternatives. I know: serves me right for having a swimming pool! More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment