Monday 21 May 2012

The sharp-eyed among you will notice that I missed my Thursday blog posting. The reason for that is because we had to visit a couple of sick, elderly friends. Normally we see them on Friday, but circumstances forced us to change the day. Thursday morning is our House Group meeting so that didn’t leave much time to think about blogging. I have spent a great deal of time sitting in front of my PC lately. Much of it has to do with promoting and checking up on my e-books, looking at web sites, dealing with my own, everyday things that are part and parcel of life. I am also in the middle of preparing a sermon for Pilar church this Sunday. That will be my fourth visit this year. So all-in-all I have been fairly busy. I’m not complaining though; life could be worse. Thankfully I’m ‘gainfully’ employed in my retirement, and I don’t mean working for a living, and content with what I’m doing. I received an e-mail from my publisher to tell me that the e-book version of THE BOY FROM BERLIN will be on sale this coming November. The price will be higher than that at which I sell my books, but as a publisher they have to reflect the commercial price of paperbacks against which the e-book will be competing. I haven’t heard from Harlequin about their plans for THE BOY FROM BERLIN. Maybe I’ll chase them up next month. I want to know the publication date and also what, if anything, they plan to do with the four books I sent them. Don’t forget that two of my e-books are available free on May 27/28/29. A COVERT WAR and NORTH SLOPE. Both good thrillers, different settings, different genres. I’m hoping that this promotion will give me a bump in my sales figures once the promo is over. As well as the sales figures, another very important aspect are reviews: I need lots of them. Naturally I would like good reviews, but I have to understand that people have different tastes and may not like my work, but so far the majority of reviews on Amazon for me have been very good. Hopefully there will be more.

No comments:

Post a Comment