Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year


It’s January 1st. today, the start of 2013, and first of all I want to wish all of you who read my blog, wherever you are in the world, whatever your colour, creed or religion a Happy New Year. I do hope that your year will be fruitful, that you will be blessed and that we will all see a wonderful change in the world’s circumstances. Looking back at my own experiences in 2012, I have to say that I had a good year. In March I was lucky enough to get my books in to the relatively new, Kindle Select programme on Amazon. As a result of that I sold over 7000 e-books, and my rankings remained fairly high through most of the year. They have now fallen substantially, but I’m hoping to lift those with my ‘developing’ network plan (must have a plan, eh?). My wife and I were able to visit Australia to see our son and his family. We went to Singapore and Bangkok during the four weeks we were away. We also managed to grab a week with one of our sons (John) in Dorset before travelling. The Olympics in UK gave every one of us a lift I think. I know some people were of the opinion that money shouldn’t be spent in vast quantities like that while the world is going through a recession, but I think the results were positive and uplifting. I was also called upon to preach six times during 2012. This meant a great deal to me because I feel that I am being directed by God and He has given me these wonderful opportunities both in my life and my writing. I have plans for 2013 with respect to my writing, but I’m not making any New Year resolutions; just a promise to myself that I will be more disciplined and rational in my approach to social networking and self-promotion. To that end I have started a new website. This is what I would describe as a ‘low key’ site intended only for me and my books. And a bit of chat. I haven’t much in the way of web building skill, so my site is not going to rate highly in that department, and it is still a ‘work in progress’. But if you want to have a look, you’ll find it at www.readawhile.com Hopefully you’ll drop in and have a look. But please remember, it’s still in the process of being built. I will still keep my main website up to date, one that is administered by my son, Terry. So, that’s it for the moment. Once again I do hope you all have a wonderful 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment