Monday 23 January 2012

Busy, busy

I didn’t get to VIVA TV for my interview because it was postponed. I have a promise of a call back, but I’ll have to wait and see what transpires. I’ve had a busy week though despite the cancellation. Thursday was our 52nd. wedding anniversary. We had planned to have lunch out after the interview, but because of the change of plan, we went along to our church house group. After that we had lunch with a couple of friends. Friday brought a little drama because our cat had a problem: he kept pawing his mouth and didn’t look too grand, so we took him along to the vet. He had to be left at the surgery so they could sedate him and check out the problem. Then a trip to the doctor for my wife (an hour’s wait there). Quick lunch and a trip to see a friend of ours who has been incapacitated by tendonitis. During that visit the vet phoned to say he had pulled out an infected back tooth from the cat, and to pick him up later that evening. So, shoot back home, pick up cat and pay out a small fortune for the surgery.
Saturday I went along to the church for a Men’s Breakfast. These are always enjoyable affairs. We all had a full English, followed by a fun quiz and then a chat from one of our members about his life and how he came to the Lord. Home then for a football match on TV and then more work on the computer, checking out the typos I have been told about in my latest POD novel ROSELLI’S GOLD (and the Kindle version).
Yesterday, Sunday I was preaching at a small fellowship over at Pilar de la Horadada along the coast. I’ve been there before and they want me back in four weeks’ time, so I couldn’t have been that bad, could I? After that we had lunch with the Pastor and his wife. Two people we’ve known for a few years now.
Today I’ve been working on my corrections and also considering the proposals put to me about promoting my book, ROSELLI’S GOLD. It will be a new venture, but like all agreements, contracts call them what you will, there’s an element of nifty footwork needed before both parties will sign up to any agreement. Oh yes, and this morning I had coffee with my author buddy, Nik Morton. I gave him a copy of my latest novel, THE BOY FROM BERLIN, which he will read and review for me.
And finally, me and my wife, Pat have started a diet. Do I need it? Not really, but I know it will help Pat if I stick with it. It’s called the Dukan Diet, but the truth is we’ll probably lose a few pounds and then put it all back on again. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment