Thursday 26 January 2012

D-Day

It was disappointment day for me yesterday. I received my sales figures for most of last year from Acclaimed Books. For some reason Amazon are pretty laggard in coming up with the royalties with the consequence that I owe AB.c money rather than the other way round. There’s nothing I can do about it because I don’t have direct access to Amazon sales because I am represented by AB.c.
One little glimmer though was that Moston Author Promotions and I have come closer to reaching an agreement on how they will promote and market my Kindle novel, ROSELLI’S GOLD. If they do well for me, then it stands to reason (I hope) that this will give a knock on effect to my other books.
Played snooker Tuesday and got beat. No, I got hammered. Must have something to do with the diet me and Pat are on. I think my brain cells are shrinking as I lose weight and not letting me pot balls accurately. The diet changes on Saturday to include more vegetables etc. Just in time for my next game of snooker on Tuesday.
I heard today that two of our friends are leaving our church and attending another. They lost their 23 year old son just over a year ago to a thug who had a go at him late one evening in Glasgow. Needless to say the thug got off virtually scot free, while our friends are now serving their own life sentence.
Today I’m being interviewed by Simon Baldock on Sunshine FM. It’s about my book, THE BOY FROM BERLIN. It’s unlikely that any sales will result because of the interview, but I still have to try and promote myself. I imagine there will be a publisher over here on holiday, soaking up the sun, wondering where his next, top author was coming from when he hears the interview. Bingo! But I’m letting my writer’s imagination run away with me again.
More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment