Monday 2 January 2012

New Year and all That

The days are gone when me and Pat would be out partying on New Year’s Eve, but we did manage to see the old year out and the new one in. We watched a film on TV, and shortly before midnight we switched over to Spanish TV, poured a drink and waited for the clock to chime in the New Year. Then we walked out on to our front terrace and watched the firework displays going on around the area. We have such a commanding view across the Veja Baja region that we counted at least ten different displays. Some were very close while others were like small sparklers in the distance. We kissed and wished each other a happy new year, then went indoors and got ready for bed. We could have stayed up to watch the UK celebrate on TV, but the spark had died down and bed called.
So what do we do now? We’ve made the resolutions and are now into the second day of January. The decorations are still up and will remain there until Friday, which is Kings Day here in Spain. Then all is forgotten and we can get on with 2012. As always I resolve to make a million pounds. It’s easier that way, not that I ever make it, but you never know. I look at my ‘Sales Info’ on Amazon, but only see changes that make no sense. It’s a bit of fun really. Until I get the figures from Acclaimed Books, I won’t know how well or badly I am doing.
THE BOY FROM BERLIN has been released officially three days now. I probably won’t have the book world beating a path to my door, but I live in hopes. My publisher once told me that books have a very short, shelf life (no pun intended). Six weeks and that’s about it unless you’re a top writer. It isn’t always about talent, skill, technique or something else; usually it’s about who you know and being in the right place at the right time. So I just need that little sprinkling of stardust to set me on my way. Meanwhile I’ll keep on working on my manuscript until I’ve knocked some sense into it. Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment