Monday 6 February 2012

The Aftermath

I thought it would help my readers if I tried to explain once again for those who might have missed it, a little of the way in which we work at Acclaimed Books (AB.c). AB.c is a group of writers, six in all, who have been brought together by Peter Lihou (Rachel’s Shoe, Causeway). AB.c was Pete's idea and he takes it on himself to provide access to Amazon and other outlets for our novels published as Print on Demand paperbacks or as eBooks and Kindle. For this Pete does not take a penny; everything we earn in royalties is paid directly to us with no costs or charges other than those imposed by Amazon. As a result of this arrangement, Pete has access to the sales figures as 'Acclaimed Books', which means he can see the 'real time' figures because he is the denoted publisher. Pete always provides his members with an accurate statement every two months and pays the royalties as soon as he receives them from Amazon. The group has been together now for almost two years and we have all benefitted from it and have a good working relationship. Anyone who wishes to learn more about our group can log on to the website at www.acclaimendbooks.com. Hope you'll pop in and see us sometime.
Last week was a blast for me simply because of the excitement of watching my book actually rise up in the rankings as a result of being part of the KDP Select promotion. It has finished now and A COVERT WAR is slipping down to the place it usually occupies; somewhere near the bottom. But I’m not too worried because it has shown me that there is a way of getting my work noticed. Pete has already told me of the extra sales I had shortly after the promotion finished. I may try again with NORTH SLOPE, but not until AB.c has examined all the results of the various promotions we have asked Pete to do. It’s entirely possible that there are good days and bad days for promotions. Meanwhile my book remains on the Amazon library list for another eighty or so days. Each loan is paid.
Meanwhile my other outlet, the promotion and marketing of ROSELLI’S GOLD by Moston Author Promotions (MAP) is taking shape and nearing completion. Hopefully I’ll be signing an agreement with MAP towards the end of this month, and then wait and see what develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment