Monday 13 February 2012

The Great Escape

Picked up the car last Friday after its servicing to be told by the mechanic that my rear, left tyre was damaged. It had a split on the tread and a wire had broken through the sidewall. I remember doing it just a few days before. I was driving round a roundabout (all the way round) when another car rocketed on to the patch I wanted. I moved over and hit the kerb. Didn’t think too much of it at the time, but it was obviously the moment the damage was done. The following day Pat and I went to Murcia. Bombing down the motorway (obeying the speed limit of course), completely unaware that my tyre could have exploded at any time. I know I have God’s hand on me, and He was certainly keeping an eye on me and Pat.
I’m still smiling about the results of the promotion on Kindle for my book. I’ve asked Pete of Acclaimed Books to put NORTH SLOPE on for me. The promotion will begin on March 1st, and I must make sure I push this over the web as much as I can. There’s a sense of excitement at AB.c because of the spectacular results two of our other writers are experiencing. And as a bonus, the novel PASSAGE TO REDEMPTION which I worked on with about twenty writers from around the globe has suddenly lifted off. It reached No.1 in the Science Thriller category while it was on the five day promotion. The trickle effect sales reached something like 600. Bearing in mind it had sold about thirty copies since its publication two years ago, that’s an enormous jump. As they say in the States: Way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment