Monday 27 February 2012

Busy Weekend

Monday again and time to look back at the weekend and also to look forward to what the week has in store. Friday was fairly uneventful. I spent time on THE EAGLE’S COVENANT, getting the file ready for POD on amazon. I finished that on Saturday, but now have to wait for my boy, Terry to finish the book jacket. I sent him one design but changed my mind about that the following day. I came up with a second attempt which I thought was more relevant to the story, and which Terry thought was better too. Once that’s in the bag, I’ll send it to Pete at Acclaimed Books, and he will put it up on Amazon. The Kindle version will follow, but not until I have finished the conversion (html codes again!).
Yesterday, Sunday I preached at the small church at Pilar de la Horadada. Their Pastor, Eddie Martens was away at a conference and had asked me to stand in for him. I’ve done that before, so I can’t be that bad, can I? Otherwise he would never ask me back! After the service Pat and I went to a Chinese restaurant in Pilar with friends from the church. One of them gave me the money for a copy of my latest novel, THE BOY FROM BERLIN. I’ll be taking it to him next Sunday. After the meal I made it back home in time to watch the Carling cup final on TV. Poor Cardiff, but what a game!
This morning, Monday I spent a couple of hours in the garden trimming the conifers and cypress along the back wall. Hard work for a man of my age, but at least I’m still capable.
My Kindle book, NORTH SLOPE is going free on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Hopefully it will encourage sales once the free promotion is over. All I have to do now is promote it on the web and see what happens. I’ll get on with that on Wednesday (or maybe tomorrow!). Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment