Thursday 9 February 2012

Back To Basics

Back to some kind of normality this week. The excitement of seeing my book climb on Kindle Select has now died away. However, I have arranged to have NORTH SLOPE put on KS and to be promoted at the beginning of next month. During the week I arranged for a copy of THE BOY FROM BERLIN to be sent to Kelvin Mackenzie of the Daily Mail. This was not for him to review, but simply as a gift. It was as the result of a short article he published in his Saturday column about a top author. I contacted Kelvin and asked if he would like a copy of my latest novel. He agreed. Hopefully he will enjoy it and give up on the ‘top’ authors when he finds them a little bit tedious.
For the following few days from my last blog entry I have taken my wife shopping. She bought me more clothes than she bought for herself! Snooker Tuesday afternoon. Hammered my snooker partner. We’ve been playing every week for about five years and are both pretty evenly matched, so it always makes for a good afternoon. Wednesday I was able to work on a sermon I’m preparing for a small church along the Costa Blanca. During the evening I went to my own church followed by a football match on TV (FA cup). This morning Pat and I attended our house group and spent the afternoon at the Condominium in Murcia. She left me sitting on a bench while she trawled around one of the shops, and I spent that time going over another piece of action for my latest manuscript. I committed it to memory hoping I wouldn’t forget the little intricate details of how I plan to scam a bank. It is now faithfully recorded on my digital recorder. I told my wife that I ought to carry the device around with me so that I can record any little spark of brilliance that comes into my head, and that I can use in my book. Tomorrow the car goes in for a 60000 kms service, which means traipsing around Torrevieja killing time. The market beckons and no doubt Pat will drag me round there. Perhaps tomorrow afternoon I’ll get something down on paper for my book. Who knows? More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment