Thursday 16 February 2012

Cold Nose & Writer's Block

Where do the days go? Seems like only yesterday I was writing Thursday’s blog. Mind you, looking at the last blog opening, I think I must have written it on Saturday. Anyway, yesterday I had four tyres fitted at the garage. By the time the job was complete, I was frozen. The ‘office’ where I sat and read my paper simply brought a glow to the end of my nose instead of keeping me warm. This is Spain, by the way, and here on the Costa Blanca we have been very lucky with the weather compared to the rest of the country. Pat went out Saturday, so I was ‘home alone’. Didn’t get much computer time in because I had a football match to watch on TV and a dog that needed walking. Yesterday I toyed with my latest manuscript. I think my problem is that I’m suffering from a big dose of writer’s block and the fact that my study isn’t very warm. I can get a portable gas heater in here, but then my wife worries that I am going to suffocate. So I stick with the electric heater and soldier on.
Had a phone call yesterday from a Spaniard calling himself Manuel. He spoke no English and wanted to know about the house: how big, how many rooms etc. We were getting on fine until the connection was cut. Whether or not he was getting fed up with listening to me rattle on in my version of Spanish, I’ve no idea. All I can hope is that he will either come round to the gate or call again.
I received an invoice today for the copy of THE BOY FROM BERLIN that I asked them to send to Kelvin Mackenzie of the Daily Mail. They’ve done their bit, now all I can hope is that Kelvin receives the book and enjoys it enough to tell me so. Might help with my promotion. Talking of which; I have some websites that I can contact to announce my e-book promotions. I have put NORTH SLOPE on the Kindle Select programme, and will be launching the promotion for the first three days of March and contacting those websites in plenty of time. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment