Wednesday 9 November 2011

Monday again

I know the title says it's Monday, but for some reason, the entry didn't appear on this blog. Anyway, here it is, and now I've got to check around and make sure the links to my ohter pages are working.

Monday again and I had great plans to get stuck into my MS, but life got in the way again. There are always things that need my attention, particularly around the house, and I seem to use these as an excuse to avoid writing. Mind you, I’ve been like this since the year dot. I had to go to a church Council meeting this morning, and this afternoon, once it has stopped raining, I’ve promised my neighbour I will go in and fix her fence. I wouldn’t mind, but I sorted one panel out on Saturday, but yesterday we had strong winds and another panel became unattached from its moorings (not the one I fixed!). It’s raining still, so that means I can stay indoors and get on with some work. Just need to get my social networking out of the way, which could take up a lot of time, post this blog and maybe, just maybe get started on my MS.
I’m currently reading Michael Chrichton’s novel, PREY. I think he’s a tremendous writer. I know he died a couple of years ago, and that’s a sad loss to the literary world. I haven’t read Jurassic Park, but the others of his that I’ve read have been cracking stories. I wouldn’t mind being as clever as he was. But I do have some strings to my bow, and I believe I have every right to be acknowledged as a genuine, thriller writer. Mind you, sometimes I wonder if I am just that: a thriller writer. If you look at my web page you’ll see that my stories cover different periods, different countries and different genres. Some could be called action, some thrillers, a war story, and certainly one can be called historical adventure. But whatever they are, I trust all my readers enjoy my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment