Monday 28 November 2011

Passion

Passion. What are you passionate about? Or is that too strong a word for whatever it is you have a deep, keenly held interest in? I am passionate about my writing and books in general. Through the years I have discovered new authors, new genres, new mysteries, and so on. I’ve no doubt that most, if not all of you who read this blog will feel the same kind of passion that I do. But because of that feeling, and because I have experienced the ups and downs of writing, I get exasperated when I come across a best-selling author who has had to credit a veritable army of people for practically writing his or her book. When you’ve spent hour after hour at the desk, or the kitchen table, or wherever it is that you do your writing, you end up with a wonderful sense of achievement once the manuscript is finished. Then no-one is interested. Or if they are, the book is published and then disappears without trace. Meanwhile, at the top of the tree, a whole literary army is involved in turning out a ‘best seller’. It’s disheartening, but it’s a fact of life; something we have to live with. So perhaps I should now credit the unsung people who work for my publisher, Robert Hale Ltd., of London. Whoever you are, whatever your names are and whatever effort you have put in to producing my latest novel, THE BOY FROM BERLIN, I want to thank you, sincerely.
Had a busy weekend, mainly because it was our Christian Fellowship’s 20th. birthday. The church began in a small house about twenty three years ago, moved from place to place as it grew and became officially registered as a church 20 years ago. We had a party on Saturday night, and a welcome acknowledgment to the originators followed on the Sunday at the main service. Good time had by all. You could see God’s footprints everywhere.
Sad news indeed to hear of the death of Gary Speed yesterday. For those of you who are unaware of this man, he was a famous footballer who graced the playing field for a good number of years. Well loved by his fans and others who had no reason to follow the teams he played for. He took his own life at the age of 42.
Now I have to get back on to the promotion and marketing trail, and in doing so direct people to my website and also to www.acclaimedbooks.com. Things are beginning to look up, and I sense that a lot will be happening in the coming months. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment