Monday 14 November 2011

Remembering & Looking ahead

It’s been quite a weekend for a lot of people associated with the United Kingdom, England and the Allied Forces that have lost men and women in horrendous wars. We had the argument about poppies; whether they could be worn on the England football shirts or not. An extremist Muslim group was banned because of their threat to disrupt the Cenotaph remembrance service, and the English Defence league was thwarted in its plans to see off the Muslim protestors. All in all a weekend of remembrance underwritten by argument and contention, but I suppose that’s what wars are all about. I heard over the weekend that there has been 40 minutes of peace in the world since the end of World War Two. What a crazy, lunatic bunch we are on this planet.
I’ve had little opportunity to progress on my manuscript, and I can see the inevitability of not getting much more accomplished until the New Year. But if I take that view, then I’m unlikely to find the impetus I need when the New year is upon us and suddenly January has gone and February is there. So, no excuses; I must not give up.
Those of you who do actually visit my web site will have noticed some changes. Well, if they haven’t been done yet, it’s because it’s a work in progress. My son had made a lot of changes to the way in which I can post to my blog and link out to other social networks. He is also changing the front page and moving things round a bit. I am hoping that the advent of 2012 will see me reaching out to more people and attracting them to my blog and my work. Inevitably the aim is to produce more sales of my books, and to that end I will be in discussion at the end of the week with two people who have an expertise in marketing and promotion with a view to generating sales. What with my next hardback, THE BOY FROM BERLIN due to appear on the shelves, I could be in for an interesting year. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment