Tuesday 22 November 2011

On Safari

When I began writing blogs, I was all over the place. Eventually I decided to cut it down to twice a week, writing on Monday and Thursday. But life gets in the way and the best laid plans etc. Mind you, yesterday I had a good reason not to post to my blog; my wife and I went on a coach trip. We headed up to the Aitana Safari Park. It’s in the Aitana mountain range, right at the top, about 33kms from the popular resort of Benidorm on the Costa Blanca here in Spain. Terrific place. The coach follows the park ranger round as he drops hay etc. for the various animals at feed time (3pm). This is simply a ‘snack’ for them, but it’s wonderful to see the different species of goat, deer, pony, gazelle, long horned cows that look more like buffaloes. The lions and tiger roam free, but of course the ranger doesn’t get out of his 4x4 to feed them. The coach drives through the enclosure and this gives the tourist the chance to see them up real close. There were also elephants, camels and hippos. Great day.
Now, back in the saddle again I am catching up with my inbox and getting this post written up before shooting off out again during the afternoon. I now know that my next hardback, THE BOY FROM BERLIN is available from my publisher at a 33% discount if purchased before publication day (December 30th). It is post free in UK. I’m also happy to say that ROSELLI’S GOLD is with Amazon in UK and it shouldn’t be too long before it’s available. The Kindle version should be on-line soon, hopefully. All in time for Christmas.
I haven’t any further news about the agreement reached with Moston Author Promotions about marketing my novels. It shouldn’t be too long. I know that the Acclaimed Books group of writers is waiting to see how this agreement unfolds. With luck, and the promotional skills of MAP, I could be climbing out of the mass of writers inhabiting the bottom of the pool and drifting slowly upwards. That would be nice. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment