Thursday 3 November 2011

Reaching the summit?

I finally reached the end in my efforts to convert ROSELLI’S GOLD to Kindle. It didn’t quite work out how I wanted, but compared to a lot of Kindle books I’ve seen, my results are good. The only thing I couldn’t alter was the gap between each chapter (a carriage return in old money). I had advice from friends on how to achieve this, but it didn’t work for me. However, the result is OK, and it will look fine once it’s on Kindle.
I checked my sales info on Amazon and found that ROSELLI’S GOLD (the paperback) rocketed up the sales list from 1.25 million to 230,000 over a period of two days. Now I know we all think Amazon sales ranking is a bit suspect, and I’m not going to do cartwheels thinking my book is climbing the rankings, but what a lift that would give me if that was the case. At the moment the book is the subject of a 3 book giveaway on Goodreads. This will finish at the end of the month. Hopefully it will give me further publicity and sales.
I know that the key to selling books is to sell yourself, and that can only be achieved by marketing, promotion and social networking. Eventually I might see a few more responses to my blog, which I post on Blogger, Twitter and Facebook, but I can’t help thinking of that old saying; “be careful what you wish for”. If I ended up with hundreds of people wanting a piece of me, I might regret it. Well, maybe not, especially if they are buying my books.
A couple of my friends have just turned up. They are here for a late lunch and a game on the Wii. Frisbee golf? Works well in your front room. Amazing how far I can throw a Frisbee! That’s it, more later. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment