Monday 31 October 2011

Kindle battles

I learned more about working with html and Kindle over the weekend, and should now have enough information to complete the Kindle conversion of ROSELLI’S GOLD. I’m quite keen to get this one out on Amazon because readers will now begin to look at their Christmas reading plans, and hopefully they will include my work. I’ve edited the keywords and tags on my three PODs on Amazon. According to a very helpful blog post I was pointed to last week, there is a way of directing potential customers on to your books by clever use of the tags and keywords. It’s all very much of a learning curve for me, but hopefully as time goes by I will see some real benefits.
I have a moan though about Amazon’s pricing. I reduced the Kindle version of A COVERT WAR to 99 cents in USA, and 85p in UK. But when I log on to Amazon’s page, it is shown as $3.45. I found out that it is because I live in Spain and my IP address is read my Amazon’s software meaning that I can’t purchase the Kindle at the low price. Something to do with income tax. What twaddle!
Had a surprise last week: an old, Merchant Navy colleague contacted me through my web page. Just to say hallo really. I had seen his name on a web page that had a history of the ship I was on, the Chusan. Saw his name there and added a comment. Once we paid off from the ship in 1959, we never saw each other again. He lived at Ongar, and Pat and I went to see him during one of my shore leaves.
Weather’s great here at the moment, but no sunbathing for me; I’ll be busy working on ROSELLI’S GOLD. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment