Friday 28 October 2011

Getting it right

Yesterday was a fairly busy day for me, what with church business, shopping and a long attempt at producing a Kindle version of my novel, ROSELLI’S GOLD. I achieved some kind of result, but not good enough to release it on Amazon. Thankfully I have some knowledgeable friends at www.acclaimedbboks.com who were happy to come to my rescue, and now I have enough information to feel confident about producing a satisfactory Kindle version. It’s an undeniable fact that a lot of Kindle books are produced badly, with no attention to detail at all. I have seen this even in Kindle versions of top authors’ novels. I believe that any writer who values his or her product must have the last view, as it were, before the book goes into production. Any mistakes are therefore down to the writer and not the production team (or software programme used in e-book publishing). I had to withdraw my last Kindle book, A COVERT WAR because of a technical problem that was down to me because I had let the file go to Amazon without checking it. In the end I had to do the conversion myself before I could let it go back on sale. That took a lot of time and trouble because I had never worked with html codes before.
I’m thinking of putting ROSELLI’S GOLD on Goodreads giveaway, but with my book I will include a best seller. This way, if I give away three books, I will have to purchase three best sellers (all different) to go with mine. The result would be seen on Amazon as two books purchased together. Hopefully this will persuade any potential buyers of said best sellers to consider my book as well. It’s called ‘slipstream marketing’. I just hope it works because it will cost me a few bob. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment