Thursday 20 October 2011

Now For promotion?

My third Paperback, ROSELLI'S GOLD is available on Amazon. I've ordered a copy so that I can check it for errors. I did get a proof copy, and needed to make a change to the second page where a huge chunk of text had been left out, but that was my error; nobody else's. It always pays to have a proof copy; never go straight into production. Apart from publishing it in Kindle, which I intend to do, I have to make a decision about how to promote and market the book. I have to crack the American market to make it in the literary world. I have one or two options open to me, but inevitably they cost. The question is: how much am I prepared to spend on a project that may not even pan out. Once I've recieved my copy from Amazon, I'll make a decision, but if anybody out there has any bright ideas, please let me know.
Yesterday I spent some time with a colleague who has been invaluable to me in the research I'm doing for my next manuscript. It will be set in Mexico and USA, involving some of the facets of life that we know of through the media, but some elements that we hear very little of. I picked up some useful stuff yesterday. I hope I can make good use of it. Meanwhile, let's hear it for THE BOY FROM BERLIN, soon to released on to the British public in hardback by Robert Hale of London.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck, Michael, with the new book.
    And when you find the secret to successful marketing and promotion, please pass it on.

    ReplyDelete