Monday 24 October 2011

Time to Kindle

Spent some time over the weekend learning how to convert a Word document into an HTML for conversion to Kindle. I used a three page short story and managed it after about three attempts. Later today I hope to begin on ROSELLI’S GOLD and successfully convert that. Once it’s done, I’ll send it to Acclaimed Books who will forward it to Amazon. The paperback version is now available on Amazon.com, and should soon be available in UK.
As it’s only about eight weeks to Christmas, I need to think about a campaign so I can persuade book readers to buy my novel as a present for themselves or their friends and families. I don’t need telling that promotion and marketing needs money: a lot of it. So mine has to be low profile and aimed at waking up the reading public to the potential in my work. I’ll probably start hitting the sweet spot this time next year!
My other diversions this weekend have included a swimming pool pump, which seemed determined to cause me problems and money. I think I have finally cracked it, and at the moment the pump is cooperating. I have also had problems with our alarm system at church, and today had to order a particular battery for it. It’s just another diversion away from what I really want to do, and that is to write. And read. And watch a bit of TV.
But back to the present and my blog. I’ll be posting this in three different locations, doing some more networking and then putting it all aside as I get on with my Kindle-isation (a made up word, that) of ROSELLI’S GOLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment