Tuesday 11 October 2011

Tuesday.

Last night I managed to get some more time on my book. I’m still tossing ideas around in my head about which direction to take and which characters have earned a bigger role in the novel. Carmen keeps knocking on the door. We’ll see. This morning I got on with work of another kind: re-pointing my front wall. Oh yes, yesterday I receive my royalties statement from Hale in London. For those of you who believe writers earn a fortune, cop this: £16.00 That’s after tax. So, as they say; ‘don’t give up the day job’. Not that I have one.
My next POD novel, ROSELLI’S GOLD is now available on Amazon (well, almost). The price has been set by Createspace, and we’re ready to roll. I have great hopes for this one, but then I had great hopes for all my books. What author doesn’t?
I contacted an editor a week ago at the Mail on Sunday asking if she would be prepared to have my next book, THE BOY FROM BERLIN reviewed in her paper. No reply yet. I’m not expecting one now, but that kind of thing happens in this game. You just have to expect it and move on.
This afternoon I’m playing my mate at snooker. We’ve been meeting up once a week for about five years now. I think I have the edge over him, but he might disagree. Great fun though. Hopefully I’ll get some more work done on my manuscript. Time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment